Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The 'Soldes'

 Happy Wednesday!
Here we go! The sales started at 8am this morning.
The Soldes in France come around twice a year. What is a Soldes you may ask? Basically, France holds two sales, one mid-winter (January) and one mid-summer (July). It is the time to have minor panic attacks and drive yourself a little crazy. The sales are pretty standard (this is coming from a Westerner)…But you will find insane prices by the 3ieme demarque (third mark down) which will happen around mid February.

The French typically return from vacation around this time, so you will notice a lot of fresh looking faces strutting around Paris. This means, they are ready to shop until they drop, literally. Last year, I almost got trampled at the Galleries Lafayette in Marseille over a Sandro cashmere coat. I lost. The French can be downright ruthless when it comes to clothes and getting what they want! I have no problem with that, in fact, it's helping me grow a thicker skin. Grrrrrrrr.

Hmm, that is pretty much it for now, one last thought...After returning from vacation, I finally found my groove at work this week and I really feel that I’ve learned so much in the Oil and Gas industry this past year. While it may be a tough industry to crack, it is most definitely rewarding.

Bisous fois dix.

No comments:

Post a Comment